Set majestically high on a plateau that forms a natural boundary to the unfenced Zambezi National Park, this westward facing lodge is
just 4km from the thundering Victoria Falls.
Enjoying uninterrupted views of spectacular African sunsets and with game sightings all year round at its onsite waterhole, the lodge is ideally positioned to offer the most discerning traveller the best of Africa, and offers guests a complimentary shuttle bus service to one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World.
All rooms boast the highest level of comfort and each has its own balcony overlooking the national park, whilst most look onto the natural waterhole which provides excellent game and bird viewing opportunities. Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, a proud Zimbabwean icon, boasts two of the country’s top restaurants, The Boma - Dinner & Drum Show and the a la carte MaKuwa-kKuwa Restaurant. The lodge has been voted Zimbabwe’s Best Safari Lodge / Resort Hotel for 22 years in succession by the Association of Zimbabwe Travel Agents.
Safari-Lodge Room essentials:
– All rooms have digital safes
– IDD phones
– remote control air conditioning
– mosquito nets
– an extensive range of customized toiletries
– complimentary tea and coffee making facilities
– 24-hour reception services
– Check out time 10:00hrs / Check in time 14:00hrs
– Complimentary hourly bus shuttle to the village market and Victoria Falls Rainforest for in-house
– Complimentary evening transfers available to The Boma - Dinner & Drum Show for in-house guests
– Complimentary Wi-Fi
– Ample free, secure open parking space
– Private shower facilities for early arrival & late check-out guests
– Swimming pool with sun deck
– Credit cards accepted: VISA, Amex and MasterCard
– Private dinners available on request
– Curio and Gift Shop
– TV Lounge with satellite link
– Internet Lounge
– Baby-sitting facilities on request
– Residents’ lounge
– 24-hour security
This award winning restaurant overlooks the waterhole, which is flood lit at night often attracting elephant, hyena, buffalo, jackals and other nocturnal species and birds.
– Breakfast: 06:30 – 10:00
– Lunch: 12:30 – 14:00
– Dinner: 19:00 – 22:00
– An open plan bar with its own game-viewing platform overlooking the waterhole. Open from 10:30 – 23:00.
Victoria Falls Safari Lodge Pool
Deck and Viewing Deck A delicious snack menu and bar service is available from 10:30 to 18:00. Additionally, this location offers a wonderful view
of the ‘Vulture Culture Experience’, which takes place in front of the Buffalo Bar viewing deck at 13:00 daily.
– Room service available from 06:30 - 22:00 for meals and 24 hours for beverages.
– Café Breakfast, light meals and snacks are available from 07:00 – 16:30.
– Dinner & Drum Show Located just 500m from Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, The Boma Show offers a unique Zimbabwean dining experience including traditional dancers, an interactive drumming show and mouth-watering dishes every evening from
19:00. Bookings are strongly recommended.
The Vulture Culture Experience:
– Occurs daily at 1pm below the Buffalo Bar viewing deck at Victoria Falls Safari Lodge (duration is approximately 30 minutes), is a conservation exercise to help maintain the local vulture populations, providing guests with a thrilling insight into the lives of these raptors
Below the Falls:
– White Water Rafting
– River boarding
Above the Falls:
– Sunset Cruise
Over the Falls:
– Helicopter “Flight of Angels’
– Helicopter Zambezi Spectacular Flights
In Front of the Falls:
– Bungee Jump
– Bridge Swing
– Bridge Slide
– Bridge Tour Packages
– Game Drives (Including Night Drives & Dinner)
– Game Walks
Best Times To Travel:
The best time to visit the spectacular Victoria Falls is from February to May, directly after the region’s summer rains, when you’ll see the world’s largest sheet of falling water flowing at its greatest volume. The green season usually kicks off in about November with the first spring rains but it takes time for the water that has fallen in the Angolan Highlands to wend its way down to a series of massive gorges.
It takes a few months for the Falls to almost literally gather steam after a dry winter in mid-year. Visiting Vic Falls can be a sensory overload: the noise, heat and moisture come to together in an unforgettable natural show-stopper.
The Victoria Falls are roughly twice the height of North America’s Niagara Falls, and the thunderous roar can be heard for miles around. The sheer force of the water drives a column of spray far into the air, drenching the edge of the Falls in a fine mist and giving rise to its traditional name, Mosi-oa-Tunya or ‘The Smoke That Thunders’.
The tricky thing about visiting Victoria Falls is that the most impressive spray doesn’t coincide with peak safari season in nearby Chobe in Botswana or Hwange in Zimbabwe. Some activities, like swimming in the Devil’s Pool and certain sections of white-water rapids, are also far too dangerous to undertake when the water is at its highest and fastest. That means that February to May is not the best time to make the most of the Fall’s close proximity to its near neighbour, Botswana, one of Africa’s legendary Big 5 safari destinations unless you don’t mind travelling in green season.
The best time for a Victoria Falls holiday combined with a safari is the dry winter period from June to August. Expect great game viewing, warm days and cool nights, little to no rain and plenty of water still thundering over the precipice. We don’t recommend visiting the Falls at the end of the dry winter period - October through November - when the water level is lowest and the weather is very hot and humid.
Low water levels guarantee you’ll have panoramic views (no misty spray) on both sides of the Falls, but the Zambian side (about one quarter of its width) may have dried up completely and all you’ll see is bare rock face. Water flow on the Zimbabwean side is permanent but ebbs in volume with the seasons.
► Price on Request
Infants under 3 years of age stay free.
Children 3-11 years pay 50% of adult per person sharing rate on
accommodation and applicable meal plan (room shared with parents or inter-leading/adjacent room).
Children aged 12 years and above pay adult rate.
THE ABOVE RATES EXCLUDE:
– Park fees on activities in VFA.
– River fee USD10.00 per person for the cruise.
– Travel Insurance.
– All items of a personal nature and all items not listed herein as included.
RATES ARE SUBJECT TO:
– Availability of accommodation at the time of reservation.
– Accommodation rate changes.
– Currency fluctuations.
Get in Touch
We love feedback. Fill out the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.